YouTube, as well as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social networking sites, has become such a significant part of our lives that many of us do not even notice how much time we spent on it. Today Youtube has become not just a video hosting, but the most popular video hosting of the planet. Many of those who do not watch television receive much of the information and news from the worldwide network on YouTube. If there is something strange you want to learn more about, or just simply something you want to learn, you can always find it on YouTube. Youtube itself was founded in 2005 and the server was based in the garage of one of the creators. In a short time, the service has grown to a mega-corporation. The possibilities of YouTube grow almost every day. Besides being an excellent place for blogs, entertainment videos, good collection of music videos and how-to instructions it has the whole history behind.
Here in this article, we have gathered interesting YouTube tips and tricks we think, would be interesting for you.
Interesting YouTube facts you have never heard before
- Nowadays, YouTube is perceived as an integral part of Google. However, we shouldn’t forget that this service began its existence as an independent project or a start-up. It was organized by three employees of the famous PayPal payment system.
- Originally, YouTube was conceived as a dating site in which users could use not only their photos but also small video clips. Later on, the developers decided to concentrate on this function.
- The very first video uploaded to YouTube is called "Me at the zoo". This video was uploaded on April 23, 2005 and does not represent anything interesting. It was uploaded by one of the co-founders - Javed Karim (he was filmed on this video), and filmed by Yakov Lapitsky in the San Diego Zoo.
- Over the past years, YouTube jokes with users on every 1st of April. For example, in 2009 all the videos were turned upside down, and in 2010 all the videos on April 1 were "converted" into text. YouTube tips 2016 was a new service "YouTube SnoopaVision" advertised by the famous American rap singer Snoop Dogg that encouraged to use the new video viewing option - in 360-degree panorama in any direction. So wonder what the developers of YouTube planned for next time?
- In March 2009, the Chinese government blocked access to the YouTube site after it published a video of the beating of Tibetan monks and other Tibetans by Chinese soldiers.
- The most disliked video with the maximum number of "dislikes" in the history of YouTube is the clip of Justin Bieber "Baby".
- The first video that exceeded 1 billion views was the notorious clip of the Korean artist PSY called Gangnam Style. This event occurred on December 21, 2012 (the day of the supposed end of the world). And on May 31, 2014, the number of views went over 2 billion.
- What most people do not know is that this video broke YouTube's view counter, as YouTube has a restriction on the number of views, which due to the clip "Gangnam Style" had to be urgently increased. So from 2.147.483.647 views, it was set to 9.223.372.036.854.775.808 views.
- The most popular query for a tutorial is "How to Kiss".
- According to statistics, videos on YouTube are most often viewed from mobile applications. The average duration of the session has increased several times and today it is up to 40 minutes.
- The largest number of subscribers at PewDiePie channel is already more than 30 million people.
- "How to download video from YouTube" is the most asked question.
- You can navigate the YouTube site, comment and watch videos in more than 76 languages - this means that YouTube is available (at least linguistically) to 95% of the world's population.
- YouTube has created problems for Utube. The last name is the name of the website of Universal Tube & Rollform Equipment. This company, after the video service became popular, was literally crowded with visitors and the site often did not work due to this fact. So, Universal Tube & Rollform Equipment even sued YouTube, but the suit was denied.
- The longest video ever uploaded to YouTube lasts 596 hours, 31 minutes and 21 seconds. It was downloaded on December 14, 2011 by a user under the nickname MoldytoasterMedia.
YouTube tips for beginners and not only
Read this YouTube guide in order to fully enjoy the service:
- If you want to get to a musician’s main page simply search for #artistname.
- When adding “GIF” to the beginning of a YouTube link you will be redirected to GIF YouTube. There you can add edit the video as you wish by adding your GIF, setting the length, as well as adding captions. Sounds interesting, doesn’t it? Check it yourself!
- If you do not want all the videos to play in non-stop mode, turn off the Autoplay option. Autoplay option is a blue slider that is situated at the top right corner of the page. In disabled mode, it will have grey color.
- With Google’s Video Quality Report you can seamlessly check the video’s quality supported by your Internet provider. It allows you to compare your speed to other providers in the neighborhood as well as provides you with the information which ISPs are can deal with high-definition streaming in the most effective way.
- Don’t have time to watch a video? In the bottom right corner, there is an “Add to” button. Click it, choose “Watch later” and it will be added to your watch later list.
- If you face difficulties with loading videos, there is a workaround as well. Change the streaming quality for your account. Go to youtube.com/account_playback and choose the option: “I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video”.
- Want to play a video in slow or fast motion? Check below: Gear icon > Speed > select “.5” or “.25” to slow motion. Gear icon > Speed > select “.1.25” or “.2” to speed up motion.
- Check out these hotkeys to fully enjoy the service: K = is for pausing or playing. Holding down this letter will also play the video in slow motion. J = is for rolling back 10 seconds of the video. L = is for fast-forwarding 10 seconds of the video. F = is for full screen. M = is for muting. Number 0 = is for going to the beginning of the video. Numbers 1 to 9 = are for jumping to 10%/90% of the video. While captions are on: + = is for making caption font larger; - = is for making caption font smaller. Up or Down arrow keys are for turning up and down the volume of the video.
- Don’t want you kids to watch violent videos? Check out YouTube Kids app (free, iOS and Android) providing only kid-friendly videos.
- Want to know how to earn money with YouTube? Read this tip this tip
That’s it. We really hope that our article was rather informative to you and you had fun reading it.